- Henley J.
The Spanish Government Role
- Borobia A.M.
- Carcas A.J.
- Pérez-Olmeda M.
- et al.
- Linde P.
- Callaway E.
Regional Governments Response
- Ibañez L.
The Essential < 60-Year-Old Workers Made Their Decision
- Cortadellas J.
Sergas stops pre-screening those under 60 for the second dose because most choose Astrazeneca.
- Churm P.A.
- Gradstein L.
Germany to offer vaccine booster despite WHO call to prioritise poorer nations.
- O’donnell C.
- Aboulenein A.
Article and Author Information
- Assessment report. Procedure under article 5(3) of Regulation (EC) no. 726/2004: Active substance: chimpanzee adenovirus encoding the SARS-CoV-2 Spike glycoprotein (ChAdOx1-2). European Medicines Agency.(EMA/CHMP/214855/2021. 23 April 2021.)https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/referral/use-vaxzevria-prevent-covid-19-article-53-procedure-assessment-report_en.pdfDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Spain, Belgium and Italy restrict Astra Zeneca COVID vaccine to older people.The Guardian, April 8, 2021https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/08/spain-belgium-and-italy-restrict-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-to-older-peopleDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Comunicado de 17 Sociedades Científicas sobre las vacunas para la COVID-19. Dirigido al Ministerio de Sanidad.(30, April 2021.)
- French under-55s given Astra Zeneca shot to get different vaccine for second dose. France24,
April 9, 2021https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210409-french-under-55s-given-astrazeneca-shot-to-get-different-vaccine-for-second-doseDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Germany to give a different second vaccine to Astra Zeneca recipients under 60. France24,
April 14, 2021https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210414-germany-to-give-different-second-vaccine-to-astrazeneca-recipients-under-60Date accessed: August 25, 2021
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of BNT162b2 booster in ChAdOx1-S-primed participants (CombiVacS): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, controlled, phase 2 trial [published correction appears in Lancet. 2021;398(10300):582].Lancet. 2021; 398: 121-131
- Study under-60s who received first Astra Zeneca dose can safely be given Pfizer for second shot.El País, May 18, 2021https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-05-18/study-under-60s-who-received-first-astrazeneca-dose-can-safely-be-given-pfizer-for-second-shot.htmlDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response.Nature, May 19, 2021https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3Date accessed: August 25, 2021
- Report of the Spanish Bioethics Committee on the ethical-legal basis of allowing individuals under sixty years of age who have been vaccinated with a forst dose of Vaxzevria, get vaccinated in a second dose with the same vaccine.(21 May 2021.)https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/prevPromocion/vacunaciones/covid19/docs/InformeBioetica.pdfDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Update note 7. Vaccination in people under 60 years of age who have received a dose of Vaxzevria.(21 May 2021.)https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/prevPromocion/vacunaciones/covid19/docs/COVID-19_Actualizacion7_Nota_Segundadosis_Personasmenores60anos.pdfDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Informed consent. Second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for those under 60 years of age vaccinated in the first dose with AstraZeneca.https://coronavirus.sergas.es/Contidos/Consentimento-Informado-segunda-dose?idioma=esDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Informed consent addressed to people under 60 years of age who have been vaccinated in the first dose with the vaccine against COVID-19 Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) to receive the second dose of the vaccine against COVID-19 with the vaccine Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) or with the Comirnaty vaccine (Pfizer).https://www.saludcastillayleon.es/es/covid-19-poblacion/vacunacion-covid/informacion-segunda-dosis-vacunacion-frente-covid-19.ficheros/1888468-CONSENTIMIENTO%20INFORMADO%20CyL.pdfDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Casi cinco millones de vacunados con Astra Zeneca: 20 casos de trombos con la primera dosis y cuatro fallecidos.El Mundo, May 27, 2021https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/salud/2021/05/27/60afe2e3e4d4d8d5078b465f.htmlDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- NACI rapid response: extended dose intervals for COVID-19 vaccines to optimize early vaccine roll out and population protection in Canada. Government of Canada.https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/rapid-response-extended-dose-intervals-covid-19-vaccines-early-rollout-population-protection.htmlDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Más de 200.000 personas reciben la segunda dosis de Astra Zeneca en una semana.El Periódico, June 3, 2021https://www.elperiodico.com/es/sociedad/20210603/200000-personas-reciben-segunda-dosis-astrazeneca-11788873Date accessed: August 25, 2021
- Sergas stops pre-screening those under 60 for the second dose because most choose Astrazeneca.Galicia Press, June 14, 2021https://www.galiciapress.es/texto-diario/mostrar/2954736/sergas-deja-sondear-forma-previa-sobre-segunda-dosis-menores-60-porque-mayoria-escoge-astrazenecaDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- 75% of those under 60 choose Astrazeneca for their second dose. EFE,
June 19, 2021https://www.efe.com/efe/comunitat-valenciana/sociedad/el-75-de-los-menores-60-anos-opta-por-astrazeneca-para-su-segunda-dosis/50000880-4566639Date accessed: August 25, 2021
- European Union opts not to renew Astra Zeneca vaccines contract after supply row.Euronews, May 10, 2021https://www.euronews.com/2021/05/09/european-union-opts-not-to-renew-astrazeneca-vaccines-contract-after-supply-rowDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of a heterologous ChAdOx1 nCoV-19/mRNA vaccination.Nat Med. 2021; 27: 1530-1535
- Heterologous ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 and mRNA-1273 vaccination.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1049-1051
- Safety and immunogenicity of heterologous versus homologous prime-boost schedules with an adenoviral vectored and mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Com-COV): a single-blind, randomised, non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2021; 398: 856-869
- The power of choice: experimental evidence that freedom to choose a vaccine against COVID-19 improves willingness to be vaccinate.Eur J Intern Med. 2021; 87: 106-108
- After another COVID spike, Israel launches third vaccine dose.VOA News, August 2, 2021https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/after-another-covid-spike-israel-launches-third-vaccine-doseDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- Germany to offer vaccine booster despite WHO call to prioritise poorer nations.France24, August 5, 2021https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210805-france-germany-to-offer-vaccine-boosters-despite-who-call-to-prioritise-poorer-nationsDate accessed: August 25, 2021
- US to begin offering COVID-19 vaccine booster shots in September.Reuters, August 18, 2021https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-start-offering-covid-19-vaccine-booster-doses-september-2021-08-18/AccessedDate accessed: August 25, 2021