Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2012. Position statement 1183: public reporting of provider performance. Available from: http://www.aaos.org/uploadedFiles/PreProduction/About/Opinion_Statements/position/1183%20Public%20Reporting%20of%20Provider%20Performance.pdf. [Accessed September 28, 2015].
- Integrating patient-reported outcomes into orthopaedic clinical practice: proof of concept from FORCE-TJR.Clin Orthop Related Res. 2013; 471: 3419-3425
- Fundamental questions in need of answers.Bone Joint J. 2015; 97: 577
- The use of patient-reported outcomes after routine arthroplasty: beyond the whys and ifs.Bone Joint J. 2015; 97: 578-581
- Stakeholders in outcome measures: review from a clinical perspective.Clin Orthop Related Res. 2013; 471: 3426-3436
- The routine use of patient reported outcome measures in healthcare settings.BMJ. 2010; : 340
- Private practice outcomes: validated outcomes data collection in private practice.Clin Orthop Related Res. 2010; 468: 2640-2645
- Electronic data capture for registries and clinical trials in orthopaedic surgery: open source versus commercial systems.Clin Orthop Related Res. 2010; 468: 2664-2671
- Which patients are most likely to benefit from total joint arthroplasty?.Arthritis Rheum. 2013; 65: 1243-1252
- Getting the Most Out of PROMs: Putting Health Outcomes at the Heart of NHS Decision Making.King’s Fund, London2010
- Methods for the analysis of quality-of-life and survival data in health technology assessment.. 1999; 3: 1-152
- Comparison of two methods of calculating quality-adjusted life-years.Qual Life Res. 1996; 5: 162-164
- Predicting the cost-effectiveness of total hip and knee replacement: a health economic analysis.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95-B: 115-121
- Balancing the number and size of sites: an economic approach to the optimal design of cluster samples.Controlled Clin Trials. 2003; 24: 544-559
- A 12-item short-form health survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- The economic benefit of hip replacement: a 5-year follow-up of costs and outcomes in the Exeter Primary Outcomes Study.BMJ Open. 2012; : 2
- Quality-adjusted life years gained by hip and knee replacement surgery and its aftercare.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 691-700
- Cost-effectiveness of total knee arthroplasty in the United States: patient risk and hospital volume.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 1113
- Incorporating patient-reported outcomes in total joint arthroplasty registries: challenges and opportunities.Clin Orthop Related Res. 2013; 471: 3482-3488
- Health-related quality of life after total joint arthroplasty: a scoping review.Clin Geriatr Med. 2012; 28: 395-429
- Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry: Annual Report.Australian Orthopaedic Association, Adelaide, Australia2014
- Does accurate anatomical alignment result in better function and quality of life? Comparing conventional and computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2009; 24: 560-569
- Fixed-vs mobile-bearing total knee arthroplasty: does it make a difference?—a prospective randomized study.J Arthroplasty. 2009; 24: 24-27
- The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-12.Med Care. 2004; 42: 851-859
- Recommendations for reporting cost-effectiveness analyses.JAMA. 1996; 276: 1339-1341
- Does analysis using “last observation carried forward” introduce bias in dementia research?.CMAJ. 2008; 179: 751-753
Health and Social Care Information Centre. Background information about PROMs. 2015. Available from: http://www.hscic.gov.uk/proms-background. [Accessed November 7, 2015].
- The use and impact of value of information analysis in decision-making.Value Health. 2013; 3: A30
- A QALY is a QALY is a QALY — or is it?.J Health Econ. 1988; 7: 289-290
- Health outcomes in economic evaluation: the QALY and utilities.Br Med Bull. 2010; 96: 5-21
- What is the optimal time point to assess patient-reported recovery after hip and knee replacement? A systematic review and analysis of routinely reported outcome data from the English patient-reported outcome measures programme.Health Qual Life Out. 2013; 11 (128–128)
☆Conflict of interest: Each author certifies that he or she has no commercial associations that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.